Why Choose UroLift?
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar?
- A frequent need to urinate during the day and night
- A weak or slow urinary stream
- A feeling of never being able to completely empty your bladder
- A difficulty or delay in starting urination
- An urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
If you are experiencing the above, you may be suffering from a condition called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH.
BPH is a common condition in men over 50 in which an enlarged prostate presses on or obstructs the urethra. Left untreated, BPH impacts the health of your bladder and can also significantly impact your enjoyment of life.
The UroLift System represents an innovative approach to treating BPH. In it, the enlarged prostate tissue is lifted and held out of the way by tiny implants so it no longer blocks the urethra.
Here is what you need to know about the procedure:
- There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. The minimally-invasive treatment is performed in a urologist’s office under general anesthesia.
- In the procedure, permanent implants are delivered through a small needle that comes out of the UroLift delivery device and into the prostate
- When the delivery device is removed, the urethra remains opened thanks to the implants.
- You will return home the same day without a catheter
- Symptom relief is realized as early as two weeks post procedure.
- UroLift does not compromise your sexual functioning.
UroLift represents an attractive solution to those unhappy with the side effects of BPH medication or who want to avoid taking a pill every day. UroLift may also be a solution for those looking to avoid undergoing surgery.
Want to find out if UroLift could resolve your BPH symptoms? Contact a qualified urologist to assess if this innovative treatment may be the solution you have been looking for.